First attempt a power-cycle of the battery by turning off the battery for at least 10 seconds, then turn the battery back on and attempt to pair the blinds. If this does not correct the issue, then follow the steps below. If the steps below also see no change in performance, a factory reset of the blind will be necessary.
Before proceeding with the factory reset:
- Make sure that all the wires are connected.
- Check the "All Blinds" section to make sure that the blinds don't show up there. If they do show up, this means that your blind has been paired and you can add them to a room and calibrate if needed. To do so, go to the room in the app where they want to add, or create a room if no room has been created, hit "add Existing Blind", then select the blind you wish to use. If not shown there, then continue to the reset.
- If the blind does appear in "All Blinds" and a room that you have created in the app, but you still cannot control them (or is having issues with a firmware update or something similar), you'll need to delete the blinds as described below in step 1.
When proceeding with the factory reset:
1. Delete blinds from your phone (if the blind has been paired previously). Check both the room your blind is in and the "All Blinds" section and make sure the blind has been deleted from both areas before continuing.
2. Turn off the battery (this step and the ones that follow will require physical access to the automation hardware, so you'll most likely need to take the blind down).
3. Pull and hold down the hook on the manual switch. Typically you should feel a "click" once you've pulled down far enough on the hook. Once you've reached that click, keep the hook held at that position.
4. While still holding the hook, turn the battery back on. (The hook must be held down. If the hook slips, then the step will have to be redone).
5. When you first turn on the battery, you'll notice a blue and green LED light. Pay attention to the green light (you're still holding the hook). The green light should stay solid for a few seconds before it starts to blink on and off.
6. As soon as the green light starts to blink on and off, let go of the hook.
7. The green light should then blink very rapidly for a moment and then turn off. If this does not happen, it is most likely because the hook was not held down long enough for the duration of the process; try again from step 2.
8. Pair the blind (or re-pair the blind if it was connected previously).